CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

17 June 2009

10 More Days

I have never been one to offer much in the way of pity to anyone. I often try to find a way to focus on the positive aspects of how any event will impact another person's life. You know, God will give you no more than you can bear, when God closes one door, he opens another? All that and more. Often, I try to find the comical aspects of any and all events. Heaven knows we all need a good laugh when our lives harbor chaos. So, why do we feel the need to bog down every one with the negative aspects of events, feel the need to take some one who is having a hard time to even greater depths of despair than they already have on their own? Why must we dwell on the cons? Do we feel the need as humans to try and convince ourselves that some one's life is far worse than our own? Do we feel if we can drive them further into despair that we are better off or that we may be responsible for their rescue later on down the road, "You know, I was there for them when they were at their lowest?" Maybe we drove them to their lowest and they, they alone, without us, had the strength and fortitude to bring themselves back up? In some cases, though, our pity and self inflicted despair drives them so deep that they will never recover.

For the past four weeks, I have been confronted with pity by my co-workers, so much so that I truly loathe some of them now. I state to them that I am indeed fine with my lay-off, that my family will be just fine, that I finally will have the time that this insane commute steals from me to be a better person, a better mother. Finally, the stress of an abusive/malicious boss will be gone. Can we not accept what may be bad for one, may indeed be awesome for another?

Sure, the loss of income is sad, but that extra $200 a month, because let's be honest here, after daycare and gas, that's about all that is left, and if we can't make due without that $200, we really need to re-evaluate our life style!

I hope that I will always be secure enough within myself to find the positive in life and to express it to others, especially when they are down.

In the meantime, God, if you could give be a gentle push in the direction where that new door is, I'd be glad to investigate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment